Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Alchemist and Me

I think that up until now, the biggest impact that the Alchemist has on me is the point that true love will not stop one from achieving one's Personal Legend. Everyone says that love requires you to stay close to your loved one. But I think that the best way to test love is seperation not staying together. I guess if it is true love then time and seperation will not be able to affect it. This is also why true love is hard (and almost impossible) to find.

Eventhough I have never been in love (that's a lie ^^ I just don't want to admit it explicitly), I have seen people who "sacrifice" for love. I have relatives who decided to not pursue their dreams just because "they are in love." I have friends who use their loved one's college choices as their choices. Is it true that the amount of sacrifice you made for someone equal how much you love that person?


I would never make my college choice based on an other person's choice. I would also never give up my dreams for love. I agree with the Alchemist that true love will never keep you from achieving your Personal Legend or your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment