Thursday, April 23, 2009

Reflection toward my reading book : Angle by Cliff McNish


The book did not make me laugh, make me cry, cringe, or make me cheer. Instead it makes me think. Even after going through the last page and putting the book down, I could not stop thinking about the main character, Freya, and what she did. OK I guess I should briefly summarize my book so you know what I'm talking about. Freya is half human and half angel. She got a wing and some power to conform and save people in dangerous situation. However, since she is half human, she would die if she tries to hard to save those people. She is like most people in the earth: always wanted to do the right things but somewhat selfish and afraid of the consequences. Being able to help strangers solve their problems or conform them in times of difficult delights Freya. But when helping those strangers requires more than a hug, Freya and perhaps most of us would let the selfish parts of our souls take over. I think that the main theme of the whole book is that people are usually uncapable of sacrifice themself for some strangers but most people are more than willingly to risk their life for ones they love.

No comments:

Post a Comment